welcome;



Monday, December 30, 2013

Two New Things

I am currently on day three of seven in my Florida vacation, and loving every minute. Florida has been one of my absolute favorite vacation spots ever since I was a wee one, and I have been fortunate to make it back here numerous times. There is something about the warm breezes and slow paced retirement lifestyle that speaks to my 90 year old withered soul. Send me to a beach dotted with sleeping elderlies and littered with seashells, and I will kick off my flats and laze away the afternoon with content.
One of the things I was looking forward to most during this trip (besides great food and even better company) was to test out my new tripod. I received it a few weeks before Christmas but due to the fact that New Brunswick currently resides at a temperature of about -30 and I hate the cold, I had not used it. I bought this red velvet cloche hat that I was dying to photograph, so this afternoon I took advantage of a quiet property while everyone was out golfing, and took my first ever tripod photos. Needless to say I am in dire need of figuring out how to work my angles and straighten things out a bit, but it is trial and error and I can only improve on my technique! (Hopefully..)



xo-

2 comments:

  1. I love this outfit. It's so chic and pretty. I am envious of your vacation and the warmer weather! Hope to see some lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hat! I just got a tripod for Christmas so I'll be starting to mess about with it in the next weeks hopefully. You know, if the weather ever looked like leaving the house would be fun. :)

    ReplyDelete